Wharton's Certificate of Professional Development (CPD) is formal recognition of your accomplishment and commitment to lifelong learning. Complete four professional development programs* that are at least three days in length within a four- to six-year period, and Wharton will recognize your accomplishment with either a Specialized or Interdisciplinary CPD. It allows you to design a curriculum tailored to your specific professional development needs and goals, and receive formal acknowledgment of your work at the Wharton School.
- Specialized CPD
Select programs in a specific category, such as Strategy or Leadership. This defined focus allows you to deepen your expertise with concentrated knowledge of the best practices, latest research, and hands-on learning around a specific discipline.
- Interdisciplinary CPD
Broaden your understanding and adopt multiple perspectives with a balanced mix of programs across a range of business areas such as Finance, Senior Management, Marketing, and Innovation.
*Some exceptions do apply. Please contact us for details.
Benefits to the Individual
- Tailor your own educational program from a wide selection of Wharton offerings in Philadelphia, PA, and San Francisco, CA.
- Receive information about new professional development programs before they are launched, special tuition benefits towards selected programs, invitations to and guaranteed seating at special events, and copies of new Wharton faculty books or articles.
- Receive recognition from Wharton for a commitment to continuous learning.
- Interact with an outstanding group of peers outside of your company and industry.
- Receive opportunities to extend certain tuition benefits to your colleagues.
Benefits to the Organization
- Targeted, effective, and efficient approach to developing professionals through an à la carte selection of short-focused programs.
- Build the specific knowledge and competencies your organization needs to tackle its immediate and longer-term challenges — such as mergers, negotiations, building new businesses or profiting in competitive markets.
- Bring in relevant tools and best practices from leading faculty to improve your company strategy and performance.
- Draw upon fresh perspectives from outside your company and your industry in developing creative solutions for your organization.
- Through hands-on action learning, apply knowledge directly to create real-time solutions and initiatives for your business.
Wharton's professional development consultants will help you create the CPD track that best meets your needs. To speak with one of our career specialists, please contact:
Associate Director of Customer Care and Program Consultation