Wharton’s design process is focused and expedited by a reality-based grasp of how the industry works. Programs customized for your organization that tie your specific business needs to the learning objectives that will produce measurable impact.
Learn more about our executive development programs designed expressly for the financial services industry:
- Leadership: Solutions integrating strategy, talent management and organizational change
- Risk Management: Curricula in enterprise risk management, compliance and regulation
The turmoil in today’s financial markets underscores the need for knowledgeable, innovative leaders in the financial services industry. Wharton Executive Education designs custom-tailored leadership development programs that equip finance executives to tackle the challenges of an ever-changing marketplace.
- A global 50 insurance company engaged Wharton to design intensive learning and a blueprinting process for its top leaders globally. The result needed to be an actionable plan that would be presented to the CEO at the program’s conclusion. The business challenge was to identify and develop strategies to evolve beyond financial success and become the company of choice for employees, customers, and shareholders. The CEO approved the new incentive formulas developed through the program, and in the process, transformed the way the company handles compensation.
- The regional merger of two large international banks created opportunity for the bank executives to take on new and significant roles in the integrated organization. Twenty top executives participated in an 18-month MBA-style program that focused on building leadership skills and strategic management capabilities. Several participants have been promoted to the bank’s executive committee, and the bank plans to send all of its bank executives through the program in the next three years.
- When the CEO’s goal at one of the top-five global banks was to deliver best-in-class service to customers, he turned to Wharton to develop a customized program for the firm’s senior managers. Focusing on strategic decision-making and innovation in service organizations, the program has prepared more than 200 senior managers to adopt a strategic, creative approach to solving business challenges and achieve the company’s customer-centric goals.
Dramatic changes in the domestic and global financial landscape have highlighted the importance of risk management as a critically important strategic strength. Wharton’s customized risk management programs are tailored around the unique needs of each organization and prepare company leaders to more effectively measure, monitor, and manage risk.
- One of the world’s leading banks partnered with Wharton to develop top talent in its Risk division. The Chief Risk Officer wanted his top executives to adopt an enterprise perspective of risk, evolving the Risk function into more of a business partner model. The Wharton program focused on three areas: decision-making; working across global boundaries; and communicating more effectively. The bank’s Risk leaders examined their obstacles to making sound decisions, tested their assumptions, and examined the psychological barriers that impact the ability to see both dangers and opportunities. To expand their role across global boundaries, the participants focused on how to build their global acumen and operate more effectively in different cultural contexts. The program also emphasized the ability to influence across functions so that the Risk leadership team could be viewed as a valued resource across the bank’s global operations. Three of the bank’s Risk executives taught in the program, integrating cases that Wharton helped them prepare with the program content. After attending the program, which served as a proving ground for them, several participants were moved into more senior, more demanding roles within the organization.