The challenges — and opportunities — facing health care today represent a momentous shift in the industry. Whether it’s the talent vacuum, pipeline issues, reimbursement/managed care restrictions, more stringent regulatory oversight, or the shift to a more customer-centric business model within a global marketplace, Wharton understands the forces that are shaping the future of health care.
The volatility that accompanies these challenges provides an opening to enormous opportunity. With Wharton as your knowledge partner, your health care organization will benefit from more than 25 years of health care partnership experience, and the latest research and applied learning to meet your particular organizational needs.
Whether your executives must develop advanced leadership skills or hone their ability to manage during times of transition in your health care organization, our programs draw from a wealth of resources to develop and deliver customized solutions. In collaboration with our preeminent faculty, our experienced program directors work alongside you to create an integrated, seamless strategy that meets your organization’s learning needs.
Learn more about our full range of support and services designed expressly for the health care industry, including our executive development programs on:
- Health Care Leadership Solutions for Organizations
- Health Care Change Management Programs for organizations
HEALTH CARE LEADERSHIP SOLUTIONS FOR ORGANIZATIONS
Market shifts in health care today underscore the need for knowledgeable, innovative leaders in the health care industry. Wharton Executive Education designs custom-tailored leadership development programs that equip health care executives to tackle the challenges of an ever-changing marketplace. For example:
- A Fortune 100 health insurer wanted to foster a pipeline of talent for senior levels and strengthen current middle management. Wharton developed a leadership program for their high-potentials that emphasized a strong applied-learning component. The program culminated with the participants presenting their organizational projects to senior leadership.
- A nationally ranked health system wanted to assist their top 135 executives — mostly physicians — in increasing their ability to speak the language of the C-suite and to enhance dialogue and discussion with senior leadership and with one another. The executives attended four modules over a four-month period, during which they were able to apply between sessions what they had learned while at Wharton. One of the key benefits of the program was the development of a cohort among the participants, with a shared language, set of experiences, and network of relationships that lasted beyond the program.
HEALTH CARE CHANGE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FOR ORGANIZATIONS
With the transformation of world markets and global economies, health care organizations need to be well prepared for managing risks and capitalizing on new opportunities. Wharton’s executive development programs offer health care organizations the latest business research and market knowledge to prepare their executives for the many challenges and opportunities ahead. For example:
- A large subsidiary of a top five global pharmaceutical company came to Wharton to craft and refine their overarching strategic direction. Over an intensive four days, the company's president and top 70 senior leaders worked intimately with Wharton faculty to craft the strategy and assign action steps for execution, given the current global environment and the changes anticipated in the near future.
Learn about our individual solutions in the Executive Learning Solutions for Individuals section.