Happiness & Positivity Program is a nonconsecutive, four-module program that runs over a five-month period. Participation in all four modules is required for completion of the program.
In addition to the four in-class modules, the program includes a Capstone project. The program is structured so that each module’s content builds off that of the previous module. The focus of each module will be similar to the following:
|Jan. 23, 2017
||Overview of UAE National Program for Happiness & Positivity
||Jan. 31–Feb. 2, 2017
Why Happiness is Important for an Organization
||Mar. 19–21, 2017
||Apr. 16–18, 2017
How to Manage Happy People in Organizations
Each module will examine happiness and happiness drivers, and explore their effects on different aspects of the workplace, including the importance of happiness and its impact on business, leadership, performance, productivity, and sustainability. This highly experiential program will include a variety of practical learning methodologies for which Wharton is known, including workshops. Wharton’s world-renowned faculty will create a dynamic environment to foster peer interaction and lively debate.
Each module is designed to allow education sessions to build upon one another, with the pacing of each module allowing participants to test their learnings in the workplace and bring their experiences back to the program.
Session content may include:
- Happiness and your organization’s bottom line
- Impact of happiness on organizational productivity and results
- How to find the right happiness initiatives for your company
- How to lead change and implement happiness in your company
- Leading with emotional intelligence to improve interpersonal relationships and increase productivity at work
- How to implement a culture of happiness
- How to achieve sustainability and value proposition
- How to find the right happiness initiatives for private and public partnerships