Managing a portfolio is a complex task with numerous decisions that guide how to allocate money in a fund. Effective portfolio oversight has never been more critical for public and private plan trustees and other benefits professionals. International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans: Investment Courses is designed to enhance your investment acumen in effective portfolio oversight regardless of the size and scope of the employer plan you oversee.
Wharton faculty, led by Jeffrey Jaffe, PhD, an expert on corporate finance, investments, and money management, will apply their field-based research and the latest strategic insights to give you a strong foundation, theory, and practical application of investment management.
This program offers you a choice of courses to enhance your investment knowledge — allowing you to more effectively oversee investment portfolios with proven frameworks.
Session topics include:
- Portfolio Concepts and Management
- Portfolio Concepts
- Advanced Investments
- International and Emerging Market Investing
- Alternative Investment Strategies
- Globalization and Global Economics Markets
Through lectures, exercises, and participation in an interactive case study, you will examine the latest thinking in portfolio investment and grow your confidence in your ability to evaluate investments with a broad, fundamental understanding of investment products and practices.
Overall, you will:
- Explore the latest trends in investment strategy, with practical tools to allow you to make reliable investment management decisions
- Gain insight into the global marketplace and how it affects your funds’ investment strategy
- Uncover both the opportunities and risks of investing in emerging markets around the world