Wharton and LAVCA have divided the program into two primary modules — the fund’s cycle and structure, and investing in companies. Specific topics are in the context of Latin America deal making, including:
- Deal Flow
- Minority vs. Majority Investments
- Exit Strategies
The program will be led by faculty who bring global perspectives from emerging markets around the world for comparative learning. In addition, the program will include some of the industry’s most seasoned deal makers with 10 to 15+ years of experience. Practitioner faculty will offer real-life cases on investing and fundraising. They represent firms from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, the U.S., and Canada, including: Advent International, Capital Group, Riverwood Capital, OTPP, and Victoria Capital Partners.
Wharton and LAVCA’s program provides Latin American investors with an unparalleled opportunity to connect with peers in a dynamic setting and enhance their perspective on the local private equity industry.
Participants in the program will learn how to:
- Implement fundraising strategies specific to Latin America
- Expand knowledge and expertise in co-investments with family offices and institutional investors in Latin America
- Gain technical expertise in the valuation of and negotiation with private companies in Latin America
- Implement the best environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices
- Improve the way they invest and partner with family-owned businesses
- Devise the best exit strategies for private equity investments in the region