Credit union chief executives, like all financial service industry leaders, face an industry marked by rapid change, including a constantly evolving regulatory environment. A disciplined focus on strategy has become crucial for success. The CUES CEO Institute 1: Strategic Planning Finance Program helps you learn to turn challenges into change. This session, offered by Wharton, is one of three weeks you must complete to earn your CCE designation. The second and third parts of the program focus on organizational effectiveness and leadership and take place at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business and the University of Virginia Darden School of Business, respectively.
Delve into strategic planning and discover how change can positively affect your organization, while discussing the driving forces that shape your business and learning to maintain a competitive advantage in changing times.
Emphasizing the importance of strategic leadership, this program presents a comprehensive approach to strategy development that explores viable change scenarios and potential outcomes, as well as how to formulate and focus your vision.
In sum, this program provides credit union executives with well-tested tools and frameworks that will clarify and enhance their strategic thinking.
Session topics include:
- Driving Forces That Shape Your Business
- How to Maintain a Competitive Advantage in Changing Times
- Viable Change Scenarios and Potential Outcomes
- How to Formulate Organizational Change Processes and Focus Your Vision
- Strengths of Effective Leaders and How You Can Enhance Your Own Leadership Skills
Through highly interactive lectures, exercises, and case studies — both in the classroom and in smaller work groups — this deep dive into strategy will allow participants to examine how companies have created competitive advantage in a global context.
Additionally, hands-on exercises include mapping a firm’s “system of interconnected choices” to depict core and supporting activities and their interdependencies. These strategy maps help managers understand underlying trade-offs, prioritize resources, and anticipate the ramifications that arise when firms engage in change initiatives.
Overall, you will learn how to:
- Tailor the planning process to the needs of individual business units
- Enhance your ability to assess the strategic impact of your competitors' moves and how to maintain competitive advantage
- Understand the general drivers that create and sustain competitive advantage
- Start the process of mapping your organization’s system of interconnected choices
- Coordinate strategy across multiple lines of business