The dynamics of teamwork are too complex to be understood in the classroom alone. This program provides a distinctive combination of classroom and case work, along with daily experiential exercises. It builds upon years of programs by Professor Mike Useem and Wharton Leadership Ventures, which have immersed MBA students and executives in rigorous outdoor challenges around the globe. Senior guest speakers also offer their experiences from business, the military, and other areas.
Creating and Leading High-Performing Teams will help you:
- Understand the stages of team formation.
- Gain hands-on experience in building, participating on, and leading teams in diverse contexts.
- Understand how team leadership resides in action rather than position.
- Learn to manage strong individual players within a team and draw out the best from everyone — so that the team is more than a sum of its parts.
- Learn about your own leadership style and its impact on team performance.
- Build a network of fellow leaders for sharing challenges, insights, and perspectives.
Session topics for Creating and Leading High-Performing Teams:
- Forming and Sustaining Successful Teams
- Aligning Individuals Around Group Goals
- Team Dynamics
- Leading from the Front, Middle, and Behind
- Experiential Learning
Who Attends This Program
The program is designed primarily for managers of small to mid-sized teams, specifically middle and senior managers from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
To extend the impact of Creating and Leading High-Performing Teams, we encourage companies to send cross-functional teams of executives to Wharton. We offer a choice of group benefits to companies sending four or more participants to this program.
Tuition for Philadelphia programs includes lodging and meals. Prices are subject to change. Program consultants are available to provide more information on course specifics and discuss how this program might meet your needs. Please contact them by e-mail or by phone at +1 215.898.1776.
Plan Your Stay