Business Essentials for Executives focuses on the core concepts that drive every business in every industry using a mix of interactive lectures, case studies, simulations, self-assessments, and group discussions. Drawing on the expertise of Wharton’s world-renowned faculty and its 20+ research centers, such as the Wharton Center for Leadership and Change Management, it will help you influence and interact more effectively across your organization. You will improve your ability to make cross-functional decisions that benefit you, your team, and your organization.
With a focus on immediate applicability, you will begin to address key challenges using the tools and methods taught in the program. In addition, you will become part of a powerful learning community comprised of a diverse group of fellow participants; their wide range of industries, backgrounds, experiences, and geographies provide a rich source of insights and networking.
This program also includes a post-program webinar to help participants integrate the learning from the classroom. Based on the unique STAR model, it stresses accountability and focuses on setting and working toward specific, concrete goals.
This program will give you insight into:
- Leadership and decision-making
- Talent management
- Managing across organizational boundaries
- Personal negotiating styles and how to adapt them
- Customer decision-making and how to position your product or service
- The importance of building and sustaining operational excellence
- How to assess current and future strategic initiatives
- Interpreting financial statements and using them for decision-making