Driving Growth through Strategic Partnerships teaches research-based techniques for designing and forming alliances, showing you how to apply them to your firm’s real-world challenges and experiences. Through lectures, case studies, experiential learning, advice from industry experts, small group work, and hands-on exercises, you will uncover a better way to adapt, respond to new market opportunities, facilitate time to market, find complementary resources, and gain new skills and technologies through partnerships.
This program will help you build your firm’s alliance capability, making you an alliance “partner of choice.” You will learn how to identify and offset your company’s unique liabilities, develop a reputation for reliability and trustworthiness, and find ways to add value to an alliance. You will also discover how to determine when to enter into a partnership and—just as important—when to leave one. Conflicts and the evolution of alliances, as well as managing networks of alliances and understanding how they affect overall corporate strategies, are also explored.
Session topics include:
- Growth Strategy and the Role of Partnerships and Ecosystems
- Creating Competitive Advantage
- Alliance Structure and Dynamics
- Strategy and the Role of Alliances
- Negotiating a Partnership (Lecture and Exercises)
- Leveraging Innovation Ecosystems
- Corporate Strategy and Acquisitions