Emphasizing the importance of innovation in driving business growth, this program provides a full-spectrum, strategic view of innovation. Participants will learn to identify new and different growth opportunities using disciplined, rigorous methods and acquire fresh approaches and new business acumen skills in key areas of marketing, technology, and sales.
Throughout the program, faculty members share the latest innovation strategy knowledge, tools, and frameworks. They draw on examples of successful firms that have created an environment that fosters a more collaborative, creative, and risk-taking culture — where even failure is viewed as an opportunity to learn. Tapping into the experiences of organic growth leaders such as Starbucks, Genentech, Alibaba, LEGO, and Salesforce.com, you will better understand how they generate superior customer value and shareholder value through their innovation prowess.
Key takeaways from Innovation for Growth include how to profit from the uncertainty of innovation by spotting opportunities sooner, investing in real options, opening up innovation processes to partners, and adopting start-up methods such as rapid prototyping and crowd sourcing. Participants will also create a growth-affirming narrative to motivate the organization and emphasize the centrality of innovation.
Session topics include:
- Innovate to Grow: Applying Strategic Discipline
- Process View of Innovation
- Building the Business Case for Innovation
- Business Model Innovations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Strategic Management of Emerging Technologies
Through highly interactive lectures, exercises, and case studies, both in the classroom and in smaller work groups, this deep dive into the process of innovation will leave you with a new level of understanding that consistent, powerful growth depends on constantly challenging current thinking about customers, technology, and your business.
Overall, you will learn how to:
- Jumpstart your own innovation process inside your company
- Develop a growth strategy that guides all innovation activities
- Foster a culture of continuous innovation, where people throughout the organization can collaborate and pursue new ways to create business value
- Manage for innovation instead of managing for operational excellence
- Develop, acquire, and retain innovation talent