The program prepares you to:
- Gain key frameworks, approaches, and knowledge to improve your ability to inspire and lead social change.
- Ensure that your decision-making process addresses the right problems and involves the right people.
- Identify and remove barriers to your ability to influence and persuade others.
- Learn to recognize and move beyond the limitations of organizational silos.
- Build a professional network of peers to gain multiple perspectives, explore ideas, and discuss challenges.
Penn Executive Veterinary Leadership Program session topics include:
- The Challenge of Critical Thinking and Peripheral Vision
- Strategic Planning Under Uncertainty
- The Future of Veterinary Medicine in a Global Economy
- Working Across Boundaries
- Leading Change
- Challenges and Opportunities for Veterinary Medicine
- Legal Issues
- The Art of Woo: Strategic Influence and Persuasion
- Planning for Impact
Who Attends This Program
This program is customized for current and aspiring veterinary executives or leaders. Participants come from across the profession, across industries, and around the globe; all share a desire to hone and refine their individual leadership skills and get more involved in veterinary public health issues at the regional, national, or global level. Some examples of positions held by past participants include:
- Veterinarians in the pharmaceutical industry
- Government (FDA, CDC, USDA, state, county)
- International (OIE, World Bank, UN)
- Directors of associations
- VMAs and AVMA (state associations)
- Veterinary Management Groups (VMGs)
- Large practice owners (>10 practitioners)
- Veterinary business consultants/advisors
- Animal Hospital Association
To extend the impact of The Penn Executive Veterinary Leadership Program, we encourage companies to send cross-functional teams of executives to Wharton. We offer a choice of group benefits to companies sending four or more participants to this program.
Tuition for Philadelphia programs includes lodging and meals. Prices are subject to change. Program consultants are available to provide more information on course specifics and discuss how this program might meet your needs. Please contact them by e-mail or by phone at +1 215.898.1776.
Plan Your Stay
"The level of instruction and peer collaboration is outstanding."
— Mitchell S. Moses DVM, MBA, Director, US Veterinary Hospital Services at Pfizer Animal Health
"It gave me tools that if used will make me so much more competitive. The instructors were cutting edge."
— Dr. Kim Hammond, Chief Medical Officer and founder of Falls Road Animal Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland
"The mixture of individual organizations and professional change was enlightening and motivating."
— Dr. Peter Hellyer, Associate Dean, Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences