Wharton AMP becomes a defining moment in one’s career. Indeed, our AMP alumni call it life-changing. Senior leaders who attend AMP should expect to sharpen their critical-thinking skills and hone their leadership capabilities for immediate impact to their businesses upon their return. Upon completion of AMP, participants are better prepared to:
- Authentically lead their organizations and inspire a higher level of performance
- Align resources with strategy to create a more resilient and agile organization
- Formulate a corporate vision and set a new direction for the organization
- Create greater shareholder value
- Replace binary thinking with more critically integrated design thinking
- Persuade, influence, and negotiate expertly
Jeff Klein on the Advanced Management Program
Curriculum and Approach
AMP offers comprehensive content and an experiential approach that creates an invaluable, reflective pause from routine. Leveraging the strengths of Wharton faculty, the curriculum has a rigor and an emphasis on senior leadership not found in other programs.
In addition to leading classroom sessions that provide cutting-edge knowledge and tools for management, marketing, finance, strategy, and organizational dynamics, core faculty members are present throughout the program and lead daily integration sessions. This tremendous access means you will leave with strong professional relationships, and not just email addresses.
Skills introduced in the classroom are put to the test through multiple learning opportunities that demand critical thinking, decision-making, and high-performance teamwork. These may include a rowing experience, film-making, and a dynamic group project.
Participants leave AMP with a tremendous reserve of strategies and best practices as well as a heightened self-awareness that can be put to immediate use in their professional lives. Specifically, they experience:
- An innovative and continually updated curriculum
- Stretch experiences that create meaningful opportunities to acquire new leadership skills
- Invaluable frameworks, models, and practices for managing the increasing speed of change in a volatile global environment
Participant Ndidi Nnoli-Edozien on the Advanced Management Program
More than Business Acumen
During an intense five weeks, you will experience a number of unique opportunities to help strengthen your individual talents, challenge your mental models and preconceived limits, and build a powerful new network. These opportunities include:
Executive coaching delivered both in teams and individually to accelerate learning and personal growth. Coaching sessions continue after the program concludes.
Executive conversations with current and former CEOs from globally recognized companies, who share their experiences in intimate, informal dialogues with AMP participants.
Expanded network of meaningful relationships built within a highly accomplished group of executives. AMP participants also become Wharton alumni, part of a global alumni network with more than 96,000 members.