This program enables participants to discover new ways to get involved in promoting global public health and animal productivity, while also learning how veterinarians can influence public policy.
Faculty apply their field-based research and the latest strategic insights to help you develop the skills to be a global leader in veterinary science in the context of public health. Emphasizing the importance of effective persuasion and communications, this program offers an unprecedented opportunity to bring together diverse leaders on the front lines of veterinary science and public health.
Session topics include:
- The Challenge of Critical Thinking
- Managing Uncertainty
- Leading Organizational Change
- Legal Issues and Advocating for Veterinary Medicine
- Working Across Boundaries
- Marketing Leadership
Through highly interactive lectures, exercises, and case studies, both in the classroom and in smaller work groups, this leadership program will prepare you to:
- Gain key frameworks, approaches, and knowledge to improve your ability to inspire and lead social change
- Ensure that your decision-making process addresses the right problems and involves the right people
- Identify and remove barriers to your ability to influence and persuade others
- Learn to recognize and move beyond the limitations of organizational silos
- Build a professional network of peers to gain multiple perspectives, explore ideas, and discuss challenges