Sales – more than any other function – serves as a company’s engine for growth. In a business climate where sales leaders are inundated with information and often have limited resources, they need the best analytical tools and business insight to drive a world-class sales team.
Leading the Effective Sales Force delivers both cutting-edge tools and the ability to take a broader view of the business that these leaders need to thrive. Wharton and INSEAD faculty, led by Leonard Lodish and V. “Paddy” Padmanabhan, experts in marketing resource allocation and sales force decision support, apply their field-based research and the latest strategic insights to help sales decision-makers be more effective at aligning their sales processes to the needs of their organization.
This program builds on Wharton’s 45 years of experience offering sales management courses globally, with faculty members providing a real-world perspective on what types of tools are available to maximize your sales force’s effectiveness.
You will learn how to design compensation and incentive programs that ensure that your sales team is aligned to the marketing strategy of the company. You also will gain a better understanding of what strategies work best in a particular selling situation, with rich opportunities to discuss real-world cases with global program participants. This program additionally will help answer common questions that plague sales leaders – including, “Should I pay on profitability or volume?” and “What is the appropriate mix of base salary versus incentive pay?” Finally, a full day session will look at what drives sales leaders' judgment and decision-making to uncover the unconscious biases that often drive decisions and can lead to serious mistakes in decision-making.
You will leave the program with a stronger sales acumen and toolset to inform every strategic decision you make, with the ability to generate immediate revenue growth and transform how you define sales roles in your organization. Wharton’s sales force deployment allocation software has been shown to help course participants increase their sales revenue and profits by 3% to 30% with the same amount of resources.
Ultimately, the program will give you an analytical edge to be more effective as a sales leader, with a better alignment to the corporate strategy of your organization.
Session topics include:
- Sales Force Application Workshop
- Sales Force Control Systems
- Sales Role Design
- Improving, Evaluating, and Measuring Salesforce Performance – Leveraging Predictive Analytics
- Designing & Implementing Compensation Strategies
- 100-Day Action Plans
Through highly interactive lectures and numerous sales-related cases, participants will work hands-on in groups to apply course learnings. They also will create action plans relating to their specific sales-leadership goals.
Overall, you will gain:
- A broader understanding of sales and the tools available to you as a sales executive
- Ability to align accountabilities of the sales team to match company strategy with customer expectations
- Insights into when solution or value-proposition selling process is appropriate
- Practical knowledge on how to use sales force deployment allocation software to deploy your sales teams for the greatest revenue and cost-savings impact
- New insights into the differences of selling to customers in emerging and developed markets so you can build the right team and achieve the best outcomes
- Awareness of how unconscious biases can drive decisions, sometimes leading to serious mistakes
- Rich opportunities to network with a global community of sales leaders, faculty and peers